Friday, April 27, 2012

How to make Charles grumpy....

I know that lately, all of my blogs start out like this:  “Sorry I haven’t blogged for a while but….[insert feeble excuse here]”  Well, this one is no different.  I’ve found consistency to be very relaxing. 
Sorry I haven’t blogged for a while but I’ve been pretty stressed out.  Daughter number one is changing jobs and has requested my mad resume skillz, clothes and shoes.  Daughter number two is graduating high school and apparently needs all of my attention, money and shoes. Daughter number three (who is too small yet to borrow clothes or shoes) … I think is secretly plotting to kill the first two girls so she can have all my attention.  And don’t go thinking I’m all cool and stuff.  No.  They want my attention because they don’t want me to have any peace WHATSOEVER!  
Then there’s the hub.  He’s always pestering me with annoying questions like “Did you pay the gas bill” or “have you balanced the checkbook” or “why do you sit in the corner and cry all the time”.  Ugh! So demanding! 
So this morning the following events may or may not have occurred. 
The hubs and I have decided to ride together so that when daughter number two comes into town, we only have one car to deal with.  The hubs isn’t fond of being my chauffer.   Something about me being a diva or hating being called Charles… whatever.  Anyway, he finished getting dressed and was waiting very patiently for me to finish.
Hubs: You about ready?
Me: Yea.  Just a few minutes.
Ten minutes later
Hubs:  How much longer?
Me: Um… almost done
Five minutes later
Hubs: Really?  How much longer?
Me: Dude… it takes time to make all this awesome happen (gesturing from my head to my toes – which still did not have shoes on them).
Hubs: You know I hate to be late.
Me: I’m almost done.  Chill!!
Much huffing and puffing on the Hubs part, and we are out the door.  I only ran back in twice for things I forgot.  Apparently being chauffeured around brings on forgetfulness… who knew?
So we get in the car and as we back out of the driveway, I look at the clock on the dashboard.
Me: Oh, we should hurry… I’m running late.
That’s when that vein in his neck started throbbing.  So out of respect for him I did not call him Charles.  Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... but beward, you may need your own padded room... just saying...