Sunday, April 1, 2012

More parenting advice....

On a long car ride this weekend, daughter number 3 (she's 10) is chatting about a confrontation between her and another little girl at school. From what I gather ("gather" not because I wasn't listening to her and playing with my ipod or anything) there was an incident during a kickball game wherein the little girl hit daughter number 3 not once but twice in the face (note: good moms don't laugh)... so when I quit laughing, we determine it may or may not have been on purpose. Here's where the tale picks up:

Daughter 3 - So then she hit me again in the same spot! (Sounding dramatic and over-reactive.... and I have NO idea where she gets that....Shut up!)

Daughter 2 (She's 18, and spreading hate and discontent) - So did you hit her back?

Daughter 3 - No, I just turned and walked away.

Daughter 2 - Why you gotta be the bigger person?

And that, my friends, is how to raise loving and caring children. There goes my mom of the year award.

1 comment:

  1. I believe every parent wants to experience family life like this. Who wouldn’t want to have kids who listen, are happy, and respectful? Let’s extend that even further and say, who wouldn’t like to be the best parent they can be; who knows exactly what to do when their child misbehaves, who lives life to the fullest and thinks, “Wow, family life is AWESOME!”

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment... but beward, you may need your own padded room... just saying...