Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blog here, blog there, everywhere a blog, blog….

So I’ve decided to be a better blogger. I’m going to try to be more consistent and try to keep my posts shorter.  Turns out people don’t really want to read a novel on a blog page.  (who knew?)
In preparing this new, bigger, better blog, I’ve been blog surfing to steal  find new ideas.  See? see what I did there?  That mark thru thing is a new found idea and one that I enjoy reading.   So I am going to add it to my blog.  I won’t insult your intelligence and try to fib that it’s my idea, but sooner or later I’d have thought of it… ok, well maybe not. 
Next I learned about internal comments.  Essentially this is a side comment of what the blogger is thinking, often times the opposite of what is spoken.  This internal monolog is pretty constant in my real life, so it’s a natural go to for me.  I will, however, keep this inner monolog nice – as opposed to the real life comments, which tend to run rather hateful at times.
And lastly, I’ve decided that most bloggers are rather self-absorbed.  Writing incessantly about their diets, their kids, their pets.  One lady even has an ongoing conversation with her cat – who may or may not be an English alcoholic, I’m not sure.  So as I’m reading these, all I can think of is how narcissistic and selfish these people are… who thinks that much of themselves that they believe it necessary to share every minor detail of their lives with others?
Well, I’ll tell ya who…. Me.  Clearly I’m in the right place.  I am one of those self-absorbed, narcissistic, selfish people!  I'm totally in the right place!
Hey - don't judge. At least I can identify and deal with my issues.  That obnoxious boozehound of a cat… she has real problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... but beward, you may need your own padded room... just saying...