Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finally it's here... the blog post about bathrooms!

I’ve studied in the legal field.  I’m not a lawyer, nor do I play one on tv.  Mainly because they say I can’t act, but that’s beside the point.  Bunch of hypocrites!
Given this education (since clearly it isn’t helping my acting career), I have learned that often times local authorities do things that challenge common sense.
This summer, my family was traveling across Kansas.  Exciting, yes… I know. And for those of you who have had the distinct pleasure of driving across Kansas, you know that there are places where the potty stops are few and far between.  That and that largest prairie dog thing is a total sham.  Boo!
Anyway, having traveled for quite a while, we decide to make a pit stop. Unlike Missouri, which is ripe with suitable, somewhat decent potty locations, many of the stops in Kansas are roadside rest areas.  I have always found these germy, vile, disgusting and dead bug infested. 
But given that we were limited on our choices, we decide to stop, and as we walk up to the rest area this is what we see:

No, that’s not creepy at all!  Videotaped? Really? So either someone is spying on the ladies restroom – which I seriously doubt they would announce, or it’s posted in hopes of being a deterrent.  But really, what is there to steal?  Certainly there wasn’t toilet paper, towels or soap in that dreadful bathroom. And seriously, who thinks the women’s bathroom door is THE best place for this sign? Clearly it wasn’t stopping the gang graffiti. Side note: Kansas gangbanger – what kind of shenanigans do they get into?   So it’s actually there for no reason.  Good thinking Kansas authorities!
So since I was creeped out, I thought you should be too.  You’re welcome!
And by the way, we did use the bathroom…. Don’t judge!  And just in case we were being videotaped, I announced that the bathroom was disgusting and they were out of toilet paper.  That’ll show ‘em! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... but beward, you may need your own padded room... just saying...