Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's my birthday and I'll blog if I want to!!!!



So.  Today is my birthday.  Growing up an only child, my birthdays were always pretty awesome.  As an adult, I have been blessed to have a wonderful husband and in-laws who have continued my good birthday traditions.  For many years, I celebrated a Birthday Month.  Wherein I would say things like “well, it’s my birthday month, and I want breakfast for dinner” or “Uh, Hub, it’s my birthday month, do we have to watch baseball again?”.  You get the idea.  However after turning 40 (boo), celebrating the entire month has lost it’s appeal. Perhaps getting older – not as fun or I’m more mature (yea, right). So since it’s my birthday, I thought I would let you all in on the weirdness that is me.  So here ya go.
·         I’ve been married to the Hub for 20 years and I still like him… for the most part.  We’re workin’ on the whole snoring thing.  And by working on I mean I’m threatening bodily injury. 
·         I have three daughters; two of which are teenagers.  So 1) I have lots of blogging material.  2) Boys are indeed icky. And 3) my girls are da bomb and they are completely and utterly awesome. Enough said. 
·         My attention span is about 5 minutes, unless it involves animal conspiracy theories or zombies, then its maybe 10.
·         I grew up in the 80’s and I like hair bands.  Yes, I know, I know. I enjoy nothing more than quizzing my kids on “who sings this song” in the car. They do not find this nearly as entertaining.  
·         I enjoy trying to figure out the plot in a movie and then telling the person with me what it is. Yes, obnoxious.  
·         Sometimes I text and drive.  I’m trying to quit, but modern technology has spoiled me, and sometimes there IS something that is THAT important. I’m working on it.
·         I have a constant running monologue in my head, and most of the time its not very pleasant.  I only share the inner monologue with a select few, and the Hub’s typical reply is “be nice.”
·         I dislike reality shows immensely.  I don’t understand for the life of me why someone would want to go on national tv and air their dirty laundry.  Seriously, isn’t that what Facebook is for ?
·         I do, however like syfy movies and oddly enough, the Spike Network. 
·         I’ve studied Criminology.  Like… A LOT, and I’m fairly certain I could commit the perfect crime and get away scott-free.  You have been warned.
·         People who pose as statues and mannequins … you know like in Vegas or the mall.  Yea.  They totally creep me out.
·         I work at an office where I am expected to behave professionally and most of my shenanigans would be frowned upon.  I blog for fun, a creative release and hopefully entertainment. That and I’m kind of an attention junkie. 
·         I’m an only child, and it is all about me.  If its not all about me, I will make it about me or I will lose interest very quickly. 
And a very special thanks for all the birthday wishes.  You guys are da bomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment... but beward, you may need your own padded room... just saying...